FRENCH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE (CLUB SANTE CHINE)
Established in 2013 during the official visit of the French President to China, the French Healthcare Alliance brings together (with the support of the French Embassy) 135 French healthcare companies active in China (including pharmaceuticals/biotech, medical technology and e-health companies, public/private hospitals, nursing home operators, architects, collective services and training providers, research institutes, etc.).
Our aims are:
- To offer competitive and innovative products and services meeting the requirements and needs of the Chinese market;
- To develop value added medical, scientific, financial and commercial partnerships with local stakeholders (Chinese authorities at the national and local level, investors, hospitals, research institutes, etc.).
The Alliance is organized around 5 thematic groups:
- Hospital design & management;
- Healthy ageing & elderly care;
- Diabetes and cancers;
- Infectious diseases;
Business France is the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy, responsible for fostering export growth by French businesses, as well as promoting and facilitating international investment in France. It promotes France’s companies, business image and nationwide attractiveness as an investment location, and also runs the VIE international internship program.
Founded on January 1, 2015 through a merger between UBIFRANCE and the Invest in France Agency, Business France has 1,500 personnel, both in France and in 70 countries throughout the world, who work with a network of public- and private-sector partners.
THE SOCIAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT OF THE FRENCH EMBASSY
The Social Affairs section:
- Regularly analyses and keeps the French authorities informed of health and social developments in China;
- Monitors economic and social developments in the field of employment and social protection and reports on innovative policies and practices;
- Maintains permanent contact with players in the relevant public- and private-sector bodies;
- Helps organize official French missions in China in these fields;
- Supports the work of the Ambassador and other Embassy departments, responds on the Ambassador’s behalf to requests for information from the Chinese authorities.
THE ECONOMIC DEPARTMENT OF THE FRENCH EMBASSY
The economic section monitors, analyses and keeps the French authorities informed about government policies and the macroeconomic and sectoral situation of China.
The section is also the main contact point of the Chinese administrations in the field of economics (ministries in charge of commerce (MoFCOM), industry (MIIT), finance (MoF), planification (NDRC)…) It can give support, on a one-off basis, to French companies in their dealings with the Chinese government.
It maintains regular contacts with French companies in China and coordinates the network of the French Trade Advisors (CCEF).
The economic section has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Wuhan and Chengdu.